Saturday, September 6, 2008

Labor Day Picnic


I am posting pics of the Labor Day Picnic at Aunt Doris' house. We always cook hamburgers for lunch and steaks for supper on the grill. It is always so much fun to just be with everyone and hang out all day. It is tradition that all the guys shoot clay pigeons and the kids swim in the pond. I don't guess I've grown up enough, because I found myself cooling off in the pond with Kate! She loved it! (All but the mouth full of pond water!) I am so glad Kate has such a big family that cares for her so much. She is only three months old, but she is already making memories that will last a lifetime!
Dad visiting with Uncle Jerry




Mom trying to keep cool!



Travis and Aunt Doris



Kate and I swimming. She LOVED the water, but it was a fight for her Papaw to let her get in! The girls won!



Tracy, Maddy, and Elizabeth in the paddle boat.



Lewis and Wendy taking it easy.



Amy and Maddy trying to get Papaw to ride them on the Mule!
Lori and Elizabeth





3 comments:

Leslie said...

You have just a great family! Not many people are lucky to have such a large and loving family! I know that you and Kate are super special to your family and my family too!

Leanne said...

Looks like you all had so much fun. Isn't it great having a close, loving family? I love spending time with my family too.

Kate is soooo cute!

~Kim~ said...

Hey Leeann,
Just looking at those pics of you and Kate and how happy she is...Your a great mom and Im proud of you...
Love You,
~~Kim~~