Tuesday, October 7, 2008

4 month shots

Kate got her 4 month shots today. She was a trooper! Last time, she cried her only real tears she has ever cried. Today she cried a little, but I took tea bags to put on her legs and it seemed to take the sting away. I will always take tea bags for shots in the future. It works! She seems to feel a little sluggish tonight though.

She weighed 14 pounds and was 25 inches long. She seems to be doing great.

I told her that if she did a good job at the Dr. office, I would buy her something. (ha ha) She got a new pair of Nike tennis shoes! (Sorry, no pics this time!)

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Shopping will cure anything! Kate is already showing how much she is like you, thank goodness. She is strong and take things that aren't fun!

Loving My Life said...

I didn't know about tea bags you will have to tell me more...do you bring them wet/dry?? My man cryed for about an hour after and never went to sleep so anything that will help take the sting/burn away would be great!!

LeeAnn said...

The tea bags were wet. I just saved some from when I made tea. I told the nurse that I had tea bags and she knew about it. She gave me some extra banaids for her legs. She still felt puny, but not like she did the first time!

Leanne said...

Do you new Momma's give the babies tylenol about an hour before the shots? That always helped with Abe. Poor things. It breaks my heart to see them have to get them.

LBasham said...

Glad the tea bags worked for Kate! They always seemed to work for Madison and Blaine too!